- Music with machines
General Chicago forums etc.
- /r/chicago is incredible, this also has THE best "wiki" style resources on moving to Chicago, exploring food/drink, finding jobs, and things like that :) really helpful to me as I moved here and apartment-hunted.
- Nextdoor app, for neighborhood forums. If you get this app, make sure you edit your privacy settings so it doesn't show your whole address (yuck).
Tech/programming/career stuff for me and other dweebs
These things are cool too, if you are here from the Internet you should check them out and subscribe
... I am able to subscribe and aggregate in one way or another, and that's the only reason they're at the bottom of this page.
- CHICAGO SUMMER CALENDAR from the /r/chicago subreddit. In the lower right of the page is the button to add this to your calendar. Click the + sign button there. Kinda hidden.
- Cafe Mustache, because you can add the Google Calendar.
- wowlist (diy) has a nice newsletter.
- Pumping Station One, the hackerspace, has a calendar ... I add it to Google Calendar.
- TODO: recover links/etc. for Them Flavors and others that I used to follow via Facebook and now must click links and shit directly...